face #1 Tip to Have All-Day Energy - Osha Key
Healthy Weight Loss

#1 Tip to Have All-Day Energy

By July 10, 2014 30 Comments

Does having low energy prevent you from following a healthy diet and losing weight?

That was the case for me. I knew that having the 5th cup of coffee and a candy bar from the wending machine wasn’t ideal for my body and health (hello extra pounds!), but… I didn’t know any better. And when I was working at the busy office, trying to juggle multiple projects and hit deadlines, that was my only option.

Do you also sabotage your health and waist line, because your life is so super busy and stressful, that you have to rely on stimulants to go through the day?

Even if you do, there are better options to handle the situation! Did you know that the stimulants might be the number one cause that is making you live like on an energy rollercoaster?

Watch today’s episode to learn the number one tip to have stable energy all-day long, plus a few extra tips ;)

This is the link I talked about in the video: 6 steps to quitting bad habits.

Need any ideas what to replace your coffee with? Try my smoothie and juice recipesSimply select the “smoothies and juices” category.

Are you going to implement this tip? Would you like to learn about more strategies to have all-day energy? Do you have any questions? Leave a comment below! I always love your comments! <3

Much love,

Osha

Sick & tired of not being able to wear a tight dress? Subscribe & get my ebook ‘Mastery In Weight Loss’ for FREE!

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Loved this article? Share with your FRIENDS!

Join the discussion 30 Comments

• Haleena says:

I completely agree with your blog! I’ve been vegan for quite a number of years and don’t have any more food addictions, and I’ve never smoked, but I do know some family who do. I think your blog will definitely help them. :) I’ll forward them the link and let them decide whether or not they want to read it.
    Thanks!

• Christine Giles says:

This made me chuckle lol! Great info

• Natalie says:

Hey Osha! I love your blog! You have reminded me that I should let go of my coffee habit. I know it’s not serving me but I feel scared to let go of my crutch! Will check your blog (that you mentioned) about quitting.

• Nikki says:

What about Water + carbonated soft drink Ribenna?
    It’s very popular in UK.

Thanks
    Nikki

P.S. i loved your humor this week.

• Osha Key says:

Hey Nikki, thanks for your question! As far as I know Ribena is full of processed sugar, so I’d avoid that. Choose water with freshly squeezed lemon juice, or just drink it plain. You can also infuse it with slices of orange, cucumber and some mint leaves ;)

• Jen says:

Awesome video, Osha! I think it gets better every week!
    I do not drink coffee but will forward it to my friends and colleagues :)

• Linda says:

Thanks for a great tip! I do not drink coffee but I must admit I looove sugar. I love my fruit and cookies..

• Osha Key says:

Hey Linda, please note that this advise does not apply to fruit :) Yes, fruit contains sugar but it’s not processed, it comes with the whole “package” – vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber and high water content. Therefore, it’s metabolized by the body completely differently than the processed sugar! :) Feel free to enjoy your fruit, it also helps keep your body hydrated.

• Maria says:

But I love coffee! :) No COFFEE? ME ZOMBIE! hahaha

• Osha Key says:

Haha you made me laugh, Maria! :D You might be a little zombie for a few days before your body adjusts. But then you’ll get use to it. The key it so drink plenty of water (3-4 litres), have green juice and/or a smoothie for breakfast, snack on fruit during the day and eat healthy food. If you do that, YOU NO ZOMBIE haha ;)

• eram says:

Hi is ha I think u are absolutely right
    I’m a sugar addict I love having something sweet after every meal
    But will definitely try and avoid processed sugar
    Thanks.

• Osha Key says:

Hey Eram, thanks for your comment. My guess is that you’re not eating enough of the right food, if you’re still craving something after your meal. Perhaps your body is not nourished enough and needs more nutrients? Try to drink green juices and smoothies in the first part of the day – that might help get the right nutrients and balance the blood sugar levels.

• Lyndsey says:

Hi Osha, thanks for sharing your video, they really are very interesting and educational. I have recently given up caffeine and sugar, I feel so much better. Is there anything you do have instead of caffeine when you do have a particularly tired morning, which energizes you without having negative impacts? Thanks.

• Osha Key says:

Hi Lyndsey! Yay, well done for quitting that coffee and sugar! ;) If you feel very sluggish in the morning, drink plenty of water (at least one liter) with freshly squeezed lemon and delay eating. Sometimes we feel sluggish because we ate a little too late or the last meal was too heavy, so the food wasn’t fully digested. So I’d delay eating before you get ready hungry. Then have a green juice, and later a green smoothie. And then you get a little hungry, snack on fruit. This keeps you energized.

A few other things you can do – add maca powder and/or some kind of organic green powder (e.g. barley grass, wheatgrass, chlorella, spirulina or a combination of few) to your green smoothie. This boosts the nutrient content and helps get your body nourished.

Keep drinking plenty of water (if you’re really tired – then water with lemon) during the day.

Hope that helps :)

• toni says:

nice video Osha! Like this style you look beautiful and very professional!
    Lots of love

• Giavanna says:

I love all your information. Any tips on how to start ? Should I just wake up and say today is the day ??

• Rose Marie Brandwein says:

Thank you for the good information :-)

• Marvette says:

Thanks Osha! I loved the blog today! Especially the point about staying hydrated. For the past month, I’ve been consistently consuming 3-4 L a day and have seen dramatic improvements in my energy levels! In the morning, if I’m feeling sluggish or tired, I know it’s a direct result of my body not having enough water.

• Elise says:

What about tea? I usually have green tea w/ lemon and ginger in the am…is that ok?

• Osha Key says:

Hey Elise, green tea has a lower caffeine content (about 25 grams of caffeine in one 236ml cup) than coffee (108 mg of caffeine in one 236ml cup), so if you just have one cup, that’s a lot better than coffee. I’d suggest you listen to your body, do you have an energy slump a few hours later?
      You can try switching to herbal tea (0 mg of caffeine), like mint, chamomile, thyme, cinnamon, echinacea, rosehip, mulberry leaf (my fave!) and rooibos.
      If you love the taste of green tea, then try mulberry leaf or rooibos – they have a similar taste.
      Hope that helps :)

• Maddie Penko says:

Hi Osha!
    I enjoyed learning about how consuming caffeine is the same as consuming sugar, since sugar gets released into your blood via insulin.
    What I’ve been doing to start the day right and stay hydrated is a huge glass of water with lemon and chia seeds. Next, I’ll gear down from coffee to green tea.

Thanks Osha!